Bringing a feminine touch to a bathroom is about creating a delicate and refined look, two characteristics that make a space more beautiful.
The bathroom decoration makes it possible to materialize a large part of our personality. A nice bathroom that matches our tastes makes us want to take care of our appearance.
Do you wonder how this is done? It’s straightforward: a lovely bathroom gives a feeling of pleasure, arousing the desire to get ready and obtain a satisfactory result. For this reason, knowing how to bring a feminine touch to the decor of our bathroom is worth it.
The bathroom is one of the places where we spend the most time throughout our lives.
According to a statistical study in the United Kingdom, we spend more than twenty hours a week in the bathroom carrying out basic activities, such as showering, brushing our teeth, going to the toilet, and combing our hair (regardless of the gender of the person).
And this is without counting the secondary activities carried out by some of us, such as applying make-up, waxing, or even cleaning the bathroom.
Is the colour pink necessary to bring a feminine touch?
Contrary to what some of us would think, it is not helpful to resort to the colour pink to bring a feminine touch.
Although pink is attractive, delicate and pretty, there are other options. That doesn’t mean you should banish pink, either. , there are other alternatives to bring a feminine touch to a space.
Using a particular colour to make a bathroom more feminine is also unnecessary. A bathroom in neutral colours can very well seem feminine. Thanks to the decorative objects and how they will be arranged in the space, you will get the desired effect. Here are the most typical things:
- towel rack
- coat rack for hanging bathrobes
- natural or artificial plants
- the organizer of beauty and hygiene products
- specialty products, such as scented candles, bath salts, and exfoliants, among others
- accessories, such as a soap dispenser, toothbrush holder, tissue box, and trash can
It sometimes happens that it is only possible to store some of our belongings in the furniture in our bathroom, particularly bath towels and beauty products. This is the perfect opportunity to look for objects with a double function: a practical and decorative function.
Baskets, boxes and other similar containers are perfect objects to meet this need while providing a feminine touch. For example, if neutral tones prevail in your bathroom, shiny containers embellish the space, bringing a delicate and refined touch.
Some essential tips to bring a feminine touch to a bathroom
- Keep the place clean and tidy: don’t leave your towels or your toothbrush lying around, for example.
- Pay attention to the choice of colours: if you want to create a harmonious and coherent space, avoid choosing objects randomly.
- Preferably opt for a monochromatic towel set with a spongy texture: even if you doubt it, we guarantee that it immediately creates an impression of softness, which amounts to bringing a delicate, feminine touch (combined with other decorative items).
- Functionally place the different objects, but also in a strategic way aesthetically speaking. For example, a vase in the corner of the bathroom can fill a space while decorating the room. Only some things have to be functional.
- Add symbols that reflect your personality: the sea, stars, flowers, a geometric figure, a fruit…
Some interesting colour combinations
- pink + white
- white + golden
- white + neutral
- beige + vanilla
- violet + beige
- pastel green + lilac
- white + turquoise blue
- white + salmon + copper
- light yellow + salmon
Even if it is important to follow your desires, looking for the trends of the moment is always helpful. There are always surprising combinations that can go very well with our style.
In addition, do not hesitate to take advantage of all the elements that make up your bathroom, that is, the furniture, the tiles, and even the metal parts of the accessories.