The boxes are emptied, it smells of fresh paint, and everything is finally in place. You are finally home! It’s time to decompress from the stress of the move and thank everyone who has helped you. Gather all your loved ones and celebrate your move!
Do you know how to organize such a party? Here are 5 easy housewarming decoration ideas that are a success every time!
5 easy housewarming decoration ideas
Make themed invitations
To announce your future event and make your guests want to take part in the party, make original invitation cards that look like moving boxes:
- Use kraft envelopes (brown/beige).
- Tie the tower with cotton rope.
- Stick self-adhesive handling labels (which say Fragile, Handle with Care, or Top) on the cartons and write your guests’ names on them.
You can find all this material in office supply stores, stationery stores, and big-box hardware stores (in the section dedicated to moving).
Provide space to keep beverages cool
Fill a few galvanized steel buckets with ice, paint a small area with chalkboard paint, and label the contents with chalk. Then drop the buckets on your balcony. When it’s time to toast, your guests can easily choose from the range of beverages available. In addition to decorating your terrace nicely, the presence of buckets outside will prevent unnecessary comings and goings of people in your home. A little less cleaning the next day, it’s not a refusal.
Prepare dishes and desserts in individual portions
It’s summer. It’s hot, and you don’t want to spend the day in the kitchen! Therefore, think of dishes that are easily served in individual portions that require a minimum of words.
Here are some ideas of dishes you could prepare for the main meal:
- Brown paper bags filled with tortilla chips served with various salsas ( tomato salsa, guacamole, cheese dip, etc.)
- Ears of corn accompanied by various flavored butters ( basil and dried tomatoes, lime and chipotle, Cajun spices, etc.), a question of doing something different
- A hot dog bar for guests to serve themselves, with unique toppings to impress them
- A salad bar (beet salad, Greek salad, pasta salad, shrimp and mandarin salad, etc.). It’s fresh, and you can prepare everything in advance if you choose kinds of salad without too many greens!
For dessert, here are some inspirations:
- Lemon parfaits served in verrines
- Portuguese tartlets
- Chocolate mousse served in verrines
To make your guests laugh, do not hesitate to identify your dishes funnily (always in connection with your move!) using place cards.
Present your food and condiments in an original way
Whether you serve raw vegetables or hot dogs, present your food and condiments with the reason your party is happening in mind: your move-in!
Surprise your guests and use small empty metal paint cans to put ketchup, mustard, dips, etc. You could even put napkins and utensils in there if you like! Note that 946 ml jars are inexpensive and easily found in hardware stores.
Create a new kind of guestbook
So that this day remains etched in your memory for a long time, create a new kind of guest book that will be part of your decoration. Take an old picture frame and staple threads from one edge to the other. Get some tiny clothespins available at the store and hang them in various places on the wires. On D-Day, leave your instant camera (or the one you have previously borrowed from someone close to you) lying around on the table where the frame is installed, and your guests can immortalize various moments during the party. A wonderful memory of your housewarming party and unique decoration for your new home, what more could you ask for?
Happy housewarming! Enjoy the many happy moments that your new home has in store for you!